Investigation of variability forming during ontogenesis and through generations of hydrobiontsHead: Yuri Izyumov
- Description of dynamic processes in natural and home bread populations.
- Investigations of delayed effects caused with action of chemical and physical agents on gametes and early ontogenesis stages of hydrobionts.
- Exploration of temporal and spatial differentiation of Acipenserid populations using serum proteins antigens.
Diversity and structural -functional organization of freshwater ecosystem algocenosisHead: Ludmila Korneva
- Study of morphology, systematics, ecology and distribution of mass, rare, new and alien species of algae in inland water of Eurasia.
- Study of temporal and spatial changes of structural characteristics of planktonic and benthic algocenoses in Volga River basin reservoirs.
- Study of temporal and spatial changes of production characteristics of planktonic and benthic algocenoses in Volga River basin reservoirs.
A comparative study of development and adaptation of aquatic organisms and communities to environmental factors of the different genesis in natural and model ecosystemsHead: Vladimir Verbitsky
- Changes in zooplanktonic communities under the influence of natural and anthropogenous factors.
- Studying of effects of influence of various temperature regimes, and also delayed effects of factors on prolificacy and dynamics of abundance of populations of the dominating Cladoceran species in the Top Volga basin.
- Studying of ecology-evolutionary consequences of change of ontogenetic parameters Cladocera.
- Influence of mineralization, temperatures and others factors of environment on developments, growth, sexual cycles, stability, osmotic and ionic regulation of aquatic organisms.
- Respiratory function of fish red blood cells in different ecological conditions.
- Experimental study and mathematical modeling of ethological mechanisms responsible for an adaptive variability of animal instinctive behavior.
- Studing of the role AChE in structuring and functional organization of freshwater fish olfactory bulb in norm, in neuroplasticity and under conditions of the complete non-reversible anosmia.
- Development and research of properties of mathematical and simulation models of functioning water ecosystems.
The vegetation cover of water and wetland ecosystemsHead: Vladimir Papchenkov
- Diversity and dynamics of vegetation cover in stream, reservoirs and wetland of the Volga Basin and the northern European part of Russia.
- Biology and ecology of aquatic and shoreline aquatic plants.
Studying of the parasite fauna of poorly investigated fish species and fish-invaders of Volga River; comparative analysis of larvae trematodes diversity in freshwater fishes of Ethiopia and Viet-NamHead: Aleksandr Zhokhov
- The biology and systematic studying of the genus Tiphys water mites (Acaryformes) of Russia fauna and different region of world; publication of the “Key to water mites of the genus Tiphys (Acaryformes) of Russia fauna”.
- Comparative-morphological analysis of the excretory system of six classes Plathelmintes. Research of the ultrastructure and formation of the giant axon and fixing organs innervations of Parachristianella sp. (Cestoda) in ontogenesis. Research of enzyme activity participating in digestion in tissues and organs of hosts, infected and no infected of trematodes and cestodes.
- Studying of the parasite fauna of poorly investigated fish species and fish-invaders of Volga River; comparative analysis of larvae trematodes diversity in freshwater fishes of Ethiopia and Viet-Nam.
Biology of species and communities of water invertebrates in natural and anthropogenically manipulated environmentsHead: Aleksandr Krylov
- Fauna of single taxonomic groups of hydrobiont and their population structure.
- Long-term fluctuations and contemporary state of hydrobiont communities inhabiting the Upper Volga water reservoirs as well as waters and watercourses of their basin.
- Specific composition and qualitative development of water invertebrate communities from waters and watercourses of Armenia, South-Eastern and Central Asia.
- Effect of water and near-water vertebrates upon the hydrobiological regime of waters and watercourses.
Physiological, biochemical and immunological mechanisms of adaptations to the natural and anthropogenic environmental factors in aquatic animalsHead: Grigorii Chuiko
- Study of fish immune system reaction character to water pollution by toxicants.
- Functioning of fish immune system during ontogenesis and in different seasons of the year.
- Study of fish immune system reaction to hormone stress.
- Study of fish immune system reaction to invasion by conditionally-pathogenic bacteria, external and internal parasites.
- Development of fish diseases prevention and curing agents.
Dynamic features of flora and vegetation of the Volga water reservoirs with different level regimeHead: Vladimir Papchenkov
The role of transitional forms in the formation and maintenance of biodiversity in ecosystems of small rivers with disturbed hydrological regimeHead: Aleksandr Krylov
- Features of formation, development and interrelations of communities of hydrobionts in polytypic thickets of hydrophytes in natural and experimental conditions.